Friday, July 18, 2008

And now, a word from our sponsor

In England, where there are the most immoderate eaters and gourmands of the world and where the most indigestible edibles are indulged -- such as plum pudding and veal pies at night -- dyspepsia is almost unknown. Englishmen laugh at the feeble and debilitated stomachs of Americans, and any American who has traveled in England will tell how he was ridiculed at the mention of dyspepsia. Their exemption from disease of this kind is due entirely to the stimulants they drink with their meals.

But a ballooning number of U.S. Americans have begun to share the good fortune of their Englishmen brothers, appreciating the fine medicinal and healthy effects of Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey. To hear more, let us turn away from those Madison Avenue pitchman and hear directly from those whose dyspepsia and general stomach ailments have been cured. Indeed, we open the Full Circuit Clout forum to the real men and women whose lives have been turned to-wards the brightness thanks to Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey.

DUFFY'S -- FOR WHEN YOU ARE NOT LOOKING WELL!
'

We begin with a tale of bravery, and a tale of heroism cut short by dyspepsia of the stomach. The cure? Why Duffy's, of course!

Mr. Hiram Cronk, of Ava, N.Y., who was mentioned in General Orders for bravery at the Battle of Sackett's Harbor, states that he is kept strong and well by Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey.


"Thanks to Duffy's, I am able to be out every day and take quite extended tramps in the severest weather."

On being interviewed, Mr. Cronk said: “For many years Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey has
been my only medicine. I take a dessertspoonful of the tonic three times a day with my meals, and when I go to bed. Although we have severe weather where I live, I am able to be out every day, and I take quite extended tramps. I am thankful to Duffy's, for it gives me a good appetite and keeps me strong and well in my old age.”

Mr. Cronk is famous the country over for being the sole survivor of the war of 1812. He served in the 157th Regiment Volunteers; fought with distinction throughout the war of 1812, and at the Battle of Sackett's Harbor was mentioned in general orders for bravery. Mrs. Sarah A. Rowley, his daughter, writes that in spite of the fact that the grand old man is 105 years old, he is keen in mind and rugged in health, thanks to Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey.

Now to the letter-bag, wherein regular readers of Full Circuit Clout have regaled us with success stories regarding their use of Duffy's Pure Malt Whiskey:


J.F. Pennington, 12 North 7th St., Philadelphia, Penn
GENTLEMEN: I purchased two bottles of your Duffy’s Pure Malt Whiskey, which, together with the formula I took according to directions my temperance friends held up their hands in holy horror, but I determined to test the merits of the recipe and it affords me infinite pleasure to state that I derived incalculable benefit from the use of the whiskey. To use a vulgar expression, it “knocked the dyspepsia higher than a kite” and gave me renewed strength. I will continue the use of the whiskey indefinitely.

Mr. Fred W. Wild Gen. Ambrose Burnside, 35 North Gay St., Barrington, R.I.
GENTLEMEN: For ten years my wife suffered with acute dyspepsia or neuralgia of the stomach. Different remedies were used without effect. Her sufferings were intense and relief could only be obtained by hypodermic i
njections of morphine. Hearing of your Duffy’s Pure Malt Whiskey she commenced its use and so steadily improved she has no use for it now. While suffering, she visited a place where she could not get it, and though she procured the best of other whiskies, she could not use it. I know of nothing equal to yours for stomach affections.

Mr. J. Mitchell Webb, 621 Market St., Wilmington, Del.GENTLEMEN: Your Duffy’s Pure Malt Whiskey is the best medicine in the world, and has done my poor weak system more good than anything ever used. In fact, it has made me able to attend to my business, which I could not do before I commenced its use. I have gained wonderfully in the flesh.

Mr. George H. Bluhm, Pontiac, Ill.GENTLEMEN: I was taken with severe hemorrhages of the lungs and have been retired to my bed. Your formula with Duffy’s Pure Malt Whiskey, I do not hesitate to say, has accomplished even more than you stated. Dyspepsia entirely disappeared and I have gained 38 pounds in six weeks’ use. I cheerfully recommend it to all parties suffering from indigestion.

No comments: